California becomes World's Largest Legal Cannabis Market in 2018!
© 2017 Condé NastGraphic
To put it in perspective, the entire established adult cannabis market of Colorado and Washington have ONLY 5.5 and 7 million residents respectively.
California, by comparison, is home to 40 million people. The Los Angeles metropolitan area alone, also known as Metropolitan Los Angeles, is the 2nd largest in the United States and the 18th largest metropolitan area in the world.
On Jan. 1, 2018, California entered a new era when over-the-counter or adult use became legal and joins the long-standing Medical Industry in what will become the largest U.S. Legal Cannabis Economy.
Armored cars needed to transport hundreds of millions of dollars in cash tax payments expected next year
|- 1/4 of North American Legal Cannabis will be sold and taxed in California
- California will be taking in US$1 billion annually in taxes
- U.S. legal-cannabis market is expected to grow by 45% in 2018
- New dispensary openings faster than McDonald’s & Starbucks combined
- The California market alone is worth US$7 billion
- Industry projected to create more jobs than manufacturing by 2020
- The Cannabis Green Rush has been declared the new Gold Rush
- Over US$13 billion saved on Prohibition Enforcement
- Significant prison cost savings and tax revenue generator
- U.S. legal market will grow by an aggregate of 300% between 2016-2021
- Seniors are the fastest growing group of Cannabis users in the U.S.
- California's Cannabis Crop worth US$14 billion in revenue per year
- The Illegal Cannabis Market is a US$36 billion industry (in the US alone)
- Cannabis growers new legal rival: Colombia (ColombianGold.store)
Forbes Magazine's Jobs and Predictions; New Frontier Data; Viridian Capital Advisors; The Arcview Group; AARP & New York Times
The Pulse of the Cannabis Industry in the Americas™