California becomes World's Largest Legal Cannabis Market in 2018!
To put it in perspective, the entire established adult Cannabis market of Colorado and Washington have ONLY 5.5 and 7 million residents respectively.
California, by comparison, is home to 40 million people. The Los Angeles metropolitan area alone, also known as Metropolitan Los Angeles, is the 2nd largest in the United States and the 18th largest metropolitan area in the world.
|- 1/4 of North American Legal Cannabis will be sold and taxed in California
- California will be taking in $1 billion annually in taxes
- New dispensary openings faster than McDonald’s and Starbucks combined
- The California market alone is worth US$7 billion
- Industry projected to create more jobs than manufacturing by 2020
- The Cannabis Green Rush has been declared this centuries Gold Rush
- Over US$13 billion saved on Prohibition Enforcement
- Significant prison cost savings and tax revenue generator
- Cannabis Prohibition costs taxpayers in the US $41.8 billion per year
- California's Cannabis Crop worth US$14 billion in revenue per year
- The Illegal Cannabis Market is a US$36 billion industry (in the US alone)
- World's Cannabis growers have new rival: Colombia
- Seniors are the fastest growing group of Cannabis users in the U.S.
Sources: Forbes Magazine's Jobs and Predictions; New Frontier Data; Viridian Capital Advisors; The Arcview Group; AARP and The New York Times
The Pulse of the Cannabis Industry in the Americas™